A new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in was launched by The Income Tax Department on 7th June 2021. This portal is designed to provide convenience to taxpayers.
“The new e-filing portal is aimed at providing convenience and a modern, seamless experience to taxpayers,” the department said in a statement on Saturday.
This is not just the end. Here is one more support offered by Income Tax Department. They are also providing another feature of free-of-cost ITR preparation software for Forms ITR-1, ITR-2, and 4.
The Tax Department has sent out a message to its taxpayers as:
“Dear taxpayer, The Income Tax Department is happy to inform the launch of its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in on 7th June 2021,”
Today the tax department tweeted at 9 am saying:
“We are as excited about the new portal as our users! We are at the final stages in the roll-out of the new portal and it will be available shortly. We appreciate your patience as we work towards making it operational soon,”
News that came out earlier by the Ministry of Finance was saying:
“Free of cost ITR preparation software available with interactive questions to help taxpayers for ITRs 1, 4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline) to begin with; Facility for preparation of ITRs 3, 5, 6, 7 will be made available shortly.”
New ITR e-filing website link
Access the new e-filing website at www.incometax.gov.in.
New e-filing portal features
- Immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers
- Single dashboard to display all interactions and uploads or pending actions for follow-up action by the taxpayer;
- Taxpayers can proactively update their profile to provide details of income including salary, house property, business/profession which will be used in pre-filling their ITR.
- The detailed enablement of pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividend, and capital gains will be available after TDS and SFT statements are uploaded (the due date is June 30th, 2021)
- New call center for taxpayer assistance for prompt response to taxpayer queries.
- Detailed FAQs, User Manuals, Videos, and chatbot/live agent also provided;
- Functionalities for filing Income Tax Forms, Add tax professionals, Submit responses to Notices in Faceless Scrutiny or Appeals would be available.